Gas Heating – Repair & Maintenance and Installation in Quincy
gas heating repair maintenance. Heating is critical to every household and business. The specialized team at Alpha Omega Plumbing and Heating is well-equipped with the industry knowledge and experience to keep you warm during those cold months. We are experts in gas heater repair, maintenance and gas heater installation in Quincy, MA.
Common Gas Boiler or Furnace Problems
Like any other utility unit, your gas boiler or furnace is prone to acting up from time to time. These problems can present themselves in varying degrees of severity, but as the customer it’s prudent to familiarize yourself with some of the more common gas boiler or furnace problems mentioned below.
- A Noisy Boiler or Furnace – Any unusual sound coming from your boiler or furnace is generally an indication of a bigger issue. Typically, these sounds are associated with a failing motor or unbalanced blower wheel. Air leaks can cause many of the squeaky sounds you might associate with your system.That’s why even the most minor sounds should be investigated. Don’t allow the problem to continue unabated without seeking the assistance of a qualified gas heater repair technician.
- The Blower Won’t Turn Off – The continuous blowing of the fan may be the result of your thermostat setting and this should always be the first thing you check when having issues with your blower. However, sometimes this problem can be the result of a malfunctioning limit switch.The limit switch is responsible for sensing the inside temperature, allowing the blower to go off if the temperature is at the desired point. You may need to have the switch repaired.
- Not Getting Enough Heat – If your gas boiler or furnace isn’t getting hot enough, the problem could might be a clogged filter. It is important that you obtain regular gas heater maintenance, including changing your filters to ensure that your gas boiler or furnace is operating as efficiently as possible.This problem can also be a sign that the unit is too small for the space that you’re trying to heat. Don’t suffer in the cold, we have the experts of gas heater maintenance in Quincy, MA.
- There is No Heat – There are any number of reasons that your furnace isn’t heating up. Lack of power to the unit, faulty thermostat, no gas or a faulty pilot are all likely causes of this common problem.
Preventative Maintenance Tips
Your boiler or furnace brings you warmth when you need it the most, but can easily burn a hole in pocket if you don’t consider the following preventative maintenance tips.
- Filter Maintenance – To prevent dirt from getting into your system and causing problems, take steps to clean and replace your filters often. Replacing a filter is an inexpensive gas heater maintenance action, but if left unresolved can dig a hole in your pocket.
- Blower Assembly Care – Just like the filter system, make it a habit to get the blower assembly cleaned as often as possible.
- Cleaning the Boiler or Furnace Ducts – Another part of your boiler or furnace that needs regular cleaning is your furnace duct. Believe it or not, you can actually clean it with a vacuum cleaner.
- Keeping Boiler or Furnace Vents Clear – Add the furnace vents to your cleaning list. The ventilation system in your gas boiler or furnace plays a critical role in the heating of your home. A blocked vent can create serious and dangerous problems that may require gas heater repairs in the future.
Gas Boiler & Furnace Repair Services
Don’t entrust your gas boiler or furnace repair needs to just anyone, choose an experienced and reliable gas furnace repair service instead. At Alpha Omega Plumbing and Heating, we understand just how important it is to have a properly running gas boiler or furnace. You can trust our experienced technicians to offer you the best in Quincy gas heater repair. Furthermore, no job is too big or too small for us to handle.
Our technicians are licensed and insured to deliver the highest quality service. Additionally, we use only the best in tools and parts to all industry standards.